Central West – Virtual Astronomy Program (ages 6-12)
Registration will open on October 1 at 12 p.m.
Autistic youth ages 6-12 are invited to join us on a highly visual and educational six-week program with a professional astronomer from Astronomy in Action to guide you through the cosmos! Each week we venture farther into the universe as we explore the night sky, constellations, planets, stars, galaxies, and so much more! We encourage participants to guide our adventure through curiosity and questions!
1. What's in the sky - Constellations, finding planets, stargazing, telescopes
2. Earth Moon and Sun - movements, eclipses, aurora
3. The sun and inner planets around other stars
4. Planets and the Solar System
5. The Galaxy - Star lives, nebulae, star clusters, and the Milky Way
6. The Universe - Black Holes and Pulsars, distant galaxies, the Big Bang
Registration Fee: $5.00
Online: Through Zoom, link will be sent after registration
Time: Mondays from 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Dates: November 7th, 14, 21, 28, Dec 5, 12
NOTE: This program is reserved for families residing in the Central West region (Halton, Waterloo, Wellington, and Peel/Dufferin). If your postal code does not correspond within the region, we will not be able to accept you as a participant. Thank you for your understanding.
|# of Children with ASD attending|
|# of Parents / Guardians / Caregivers|
|# Siblings / Friends / Other family|