One to One Summer Support Worker Reimbursement Fund
Need Support for Your Child with ASD* This Summer?
***CLOSED for 2020***
The 2020 One-to-One Summer Support Worker Reimbursement Fund is available to Ontario families of children or youth with ASD who retain the services of a one- to-one support worker for their child as follows:
- Respite services to support caregivers during the day, evening or weekend, at home or elsewhere (for example supervision of the child or youth, help with daily living activities or taking child out for an activity); and/or
- Fees for online or in-person recreational and cultural activities and camp programs that help to promote independence and develop social, communication and life skills (for example sports, arts and music programs, museums, and camps).
Note that these eligible expenses are consistent with OAP eligible expenses.
Maximum reimbursements of $600, per child or youth, (up to 18th birthday) will be made to subsidize services purchased in July and August 2020.
A minimum of 500 families from across Ontario are expected to receive reimbursements. Reimbursements will be provided based on a random selection made from all eligible applicants.
1. Application: We will accept completed and signed applications from June 1 to June 26, 2020. Your application must include evidence of a clear ASD diagnosis from a professional who is qualified to make the diagnosis (see FAQ's for details).
2. Selection: By June 30, 2020, 500 families will be randomly selected, and ALL applicants will be informed by email whether they were selected to receive funds or not.
3. Payment: Autism Ontario will issue cheques to the randomly selected families who have submitted all original receipt(s) for fees paid by the parent of the child with ASD for the child’s one-to-one worker. Receipts must be received no later than September 18, 2020.
Note: You do not need to be a member of Autism Ontario to access the funds
*Autism Spectrum Disorder
CLOSED - If you would rather print and mail in the application, click here to download the application