York Region Summer Camp Programs
Summer Camp 2021
Hi AOK/AOA families
We are proud to present a full line up of COVID safe summer programming with a goal of reaching as many campers as we can with the variety of programs and delivery methods.
- Our AOK/AOA is back in full force from last year! Join us at 10am and 2pm Monday to Friday when your schedule allows. Calls will be themed and include programs such as camp spirit, fitness, cooking and more!
- SSSI (Summer Social Skills Institute)- This specialized program is for our participants with emerging social skills who want to focus on more leadership and social opportunities. For individuals new to this program, there will be an intake process to ensure it is the right fit! Calls will take place at 10am and 2pm Monday to Friday.
- *NEW* AO Buddies- this small group programming allows campers to focus on more specific interests with peers and staff on a weekly basis!
- Adult Hang Outs (SSSI Hang Outs)- A chance for our 18+ members to hang out with friends they haven't been able to see in person due to COVID. NOTE- This program starts June 1st at 7pm.
Take Home Kits:
- Each week, we will offer a new Take Home Kit that families can purchase. We hope to run pick up locations similar to last year with three locations around York Region. This will be dependent on the Provincial Reopening Framework. If pick up locations are not allowed, we will arrange for alternative methods of delivery. If you are not able to pick up the kit (ie due to lack of transportation), email Laura and we will arrange a delivery method.
Drive Thru Camp:
- The next best thing to in-person camp! Campers and their families will be able to visit Willowgrove Outdoor Centre in Stouffville and drive around the property, stopping at various stations where staff will lead activities. There are 4 dates throughout the summer.
*NEW * AO Helping Hands
- Learn new skills around the house like making your bed and sorting the recycling. A new video will be available each week to participants to show them how to complete the task and challenge them to complete it various times throughout the week. Submit a video or picture of you completing the task and be entered into draws to win fun prizes.
Registration for all programs open Friday May 21st at 9am. To register, visit autismontario.campbrainregistration.com and search for the Summer 2021 session.
We look forward to seeing you this summer!
Laura Webb- Chapter Manager & Alex Gardner- Camp Director