Family Funding Bursary
Autism Ontario South Region offers a bursary program designed to compensate persons with ASD and their families for the additional costs they incur to promote quality of life and inclusion in the Niagara Region community. The annual Tee Up for Autism Golf Tournament raises the funds to support this bursary program.
What will this Bursary fund?
- All programs provided through the South Region
- Social learning, recreational and education programs offered in the community,
- Extra expenses associated with enabling the person with ASD to participate in a program provided in the community including, under certain circumstances, support worker funding.
The Family Funding Bursary CANNOT reimburse any therapeutic program, even if it involves social learning or recreational activities or the cost of transportation to a program, equipment costs, book or audio-visual materials costs, or entrance fees to attractions, unless they are included in the program cost or Respite services.
Who can apply?
- Parent/Guardian with a child or children with a diagnosis of ASD and/or an adult with ASD.
What is required to be awarded a Bursary?
Completion of the participation requirement before reimbursement will occur. You or an immediate family member must:
- Attend or support one regional fundraising activity i.e., Trivia Night, Golf Tournament, Gala or Lottery sales and,
- Complete 15 hours of volunteering
For more information, please contact Allyesa@autismontario.com