World Autism Day
Although we will not be distributing flags this year as the primary symbol of celebration representing World Autism Day, we are thrilled to share our new theme representing our World Autism Day events and activities: Celebrate the Spectrum.
Learn more about Celebrate the Spectrum and this year’s campaign in a letter from our Executive Director, Marg Spoelstra.
We encourage our community to begin celebrating by entering the Design Your Flag Contest for the chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card!
- Design your flag in whichever creative medium speaks to you - poetry, music, sculpture, scratch art, acrylic, bead art, collage, clay, photography, etc.
- Please do not use puzzle pieces in your design.
- If you'd prefer, you can colour our Celebrate the Spectrum flag and submit it to the contest.
- Submit your design no later than April 15, 2022 at 5 p.m.
- You can also share your flag on social media using #CelebratetheSpectrum and #WorldAutismDay2022
Winning art will be featured and distributed provincially across multiple Autism Ontario platforms including social media, newsletters, and our website. A winner from each age category will be randomly selected on April 18, 2022. Thank you to everyone who entered the contest and for sharing your art with us!
- Kindergarten to Grade 3
- Grade 4-8
- Grade 9 & up
Congratulations St. Joan of Arc Oakville Kindergarten Class (from the Kindergarten to Grade 3 age category), Leo (from the Grades 4-8 age category), and Jasmeet from London, Ontario (from the Grade 9 and up age category) – you are the winners of the Celebrate the Spectrum Design your Flag contest!
We are pleased to have received an overwhelming response from our amazing community, with nearly 270 beautiful and creative flag designs submitted! All contest submissions were entered into a random name picker to select our lucky winners.
Thank you everyone for Celebrating the Spectrum and participating with such great enthusiasm. We will be sharing some of your wonderful designs on our social media pages!