South Region- Family Swim (bilingual)
** Registration opens October 21st, 2022 @12:00PM**
Join Autism Ontario – South Region for a Family Swim at the MacBain Centre Pool!
This event is open to autistic children, youth, adults and their families/ guardians who reside in the South Region.
This is a private swim exclusive to Autism Ontario families registered. Those registered will have access to the leisure pool for the hour. The lane pool will not be available during this time.
Patrons 6 years and Under (Red Wristband)
• Must be directly supervised by a parent, guardian or designate who is at least 16 years of age within arm’s reach
• Swimmer must remain in the shallow end unless they pass the facility swim test to enter the lane pool
• Maximum 2 children : 1 adult
Patrons ages of 7, 8 and 9 years unable to pass swim test and Under (Orange Wristband) Must be directly supervised by a parent, guardian or designate who is at least 16 years of age
• Maximum 4 children : 1 adult
Patrons ages of 7, 8 and 9 years, pass the leisure pool swim test swim (Yellow Wristband)
• May be admitted without caregiver supervision in the leisure pool
• Leisure pool swim test - Two widths of the leisure pool continuously and comfortably
Patrons 10 years or older
• May enter the pool without caregiver supervision
• Patrons who cannot pass the facility swim test must remain in the shallow end. These same standards are required of all pool groups entering the facilities.
The City of Niagara Falls in consultation with the Public Health Department has identified appropriate bathing wear in order to meet the needs of bathers. When using the pool all swimmers must:
- Change from street clothes to a swimsuit and/or clean clothing used for swimming only
- Swimmers may wear long-sleeved shirts or t-shirts, pants and/or traditional ethnic clothing. This clothing must permit individuals to participate safely in programs and be made of a swimming pool friendly material (no jeans, sweatpants, cotton, or heavy clothing). Light colour of clothing is preferred.
- Those who are not completely toilet trained must wear specialized swim diapers or tight-fitting rubber pants.
This event is exclusive to autistic children, youth, adults and their families/ guardians in the South Region area. Registrations outside this area will not be accepted.
7150 Montrose Road
Niagara Falls, ON L2H 3N3
|# of Children with ASD attending|
|# of Parents / Guardians / Caregivers|
|# Siblings / Friends / Other family|
|# of Professionals|
|# of Volunteers|
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.