Peel - Virtual Coding Program
Join us for an adventure into coding with the trained program instructors from Kids Code Jeunesse!
Over this 8-week program, we will dive into the world of coding with an emphasis on social connection and foundational skills. Kids will be introduced to beginner-friendly coding skills using the drag-and-drop block coding platform Scratch. Our journey may take us from space, to sea, to the Cretaceous, and more! Although we have a plan, who knows where the group will go, so buckle your seatbelts for a fun and flexible ride!
- Computer (desktop or laptop – or combination of desktop/laptop and iPad/tablet)
- A stable connection to the internet
- Modern Browser - Chrome is recommended for stability
- Camera access - recommended but not required
- Microphone access - highly recommended but not required
- Ability to communicate (through caregiver, typing, or speaking)
- Ability to operate the computer websites (caregivers can assist where needed)
- Interest in coding/tech/gamification of code
- Positive approach to the game
Online: Through Whereby video conference (free, no login require, link will be sent after registration)
Time: Wednesdays 5:30– 6:30pm
Dates: February 3, 10, 17, 24; March 3, 10, 17, 24 (2021)
Registration Fee: $5.00
Note: Based on the funding, participation is focused first on families residing in Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Dufferin) area. If your postal code does not correspond within the region, we will not be able to accept you as a participant. Thank you for your understanding.
|# of Children with ASD attending|
|# of Parents / Guardians / Caregivers|
|# Siblings / Friends / Other family|
Event Chapter(s) and Region(s)
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.