East- Mad Science Virtual: Dry Ice and scientific ice cream! (In English)
**REGISTRATION TO OPEN Oct 7, 2020 AT 09am**
Children in this class will probe the shifting states of matter through a series of engaging demonstrations and inquiry-
Dry ice - used in a series of tests, under the guidance of the instructor, explores the properties of matter at extreme temperatures. We will even do our own ice cream with simple household ingredient
List of items to prepare/purchase:
1. Half and half cream (10 – 18% fat content)
2. Vanilla extract (for taste)
3. Sugar (based on your preference)
4. 2 – 3 trays of ice (24 – 36 cubes)
5. ½ cup of salt
6. Small Ziplock bag
7. Big Ziplock bag
8. Winter gloves or mittens
9. Sprinkles (or another treat)
10. One bowl
11. String or shoelace
12. Paper towel or towel for cleaning
13. One spoon to enjoy the ice cream!
Process: - Indicate child’s first and last name during registration process.
- You can connect early and wait in virtual lobby.
One registration per family.
All sessions will be on Zoom.
The online room will be open 10 minutes prior to the start time for set up, socializing and tech troubleshooting.
|# of Children with ASD attending|
|# of Parents / Guardians / Caregivers|
|# Siblings / Friends / Other family|
|# of Professionals|
|# of Volunteers|
Event Chapter(s) and Region(s)
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.