Autism Ontario Potential Programme in York Region
York Region Chapter office, 11181 Yonge St # 215, Richmond Hill map
Is your family receiving all the support you need? Are you connected to all the programs and services available to your family member affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder in York Region? Have you applied for all the funding programs available through various levels of government? Contact your Family Support Coordinator when you have questions about:
- connecting to community supports and services
- home program information
Parents are encouraged to attend our Chapter's monthly Parent Support Group meetings. If you need further one-on-one support or more detailed information, your Family Support Coordinator is available to speak with you. Jamie Read email@example.com 905-780-1590 x 102
Social Learning Opportunities
A focal point of contact for many families has been through participation in our numerous and varied social activities; referred to as “Social Learning Opportunities”, SLOs represent unique activities and programs that are:
- generated by ideas received from families and community service providers;
- needed in the community because they are not offered anywhere else or are not accessible for various reasons, such as lengthy wait-lists or lack of adequate funding;
- able to make accommodations so individuals with ASD and their families can be included and accepted.
Autism Ontario strongly values Social Learning Opportunities as an important way to contribute to quality life experiences for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders and their families. Ideas? We want to hear from you!
- Complete the Fillable form Social Learning Opportunity Idea Proposal
- e-mail to Events Coordinator Andrea Armstrong AArmstrong@autismontario.com
- or mail a hard copy to Andrea c/o Autism Ontario York Region Chapter, Suite 215, 11181 Yonge St. Richmond Hill ON L4S 1L2 Attn: Events
- or drop off your completed form to the Autism Ontario York Region chapter office map
Help Us Shape the Potential Programme
Let us know what expert speakers, workshops or social learning opportunities you would like to see hosted in your community. Call or email us with your ideas.
Workshop Proposal Form (2014)
Le programme Potentiel, d’Autisme Ontario
FICHE D’IDÉE Les particuliers, les parents, les bénévoles, les membres des sections locales et les fournisseurs de services communautaires peuvent proposer des idées d’occasions d’apprentissage social. L’utilisation du questionnaire ci-dessous s’inscrit dans la démarche visant à mettre en place un processus juste et équitable de présentation et d’évaluation de toutes les idées.
Vous désirez parler à quelqu’un en français?
416-246-9592, poste 239 ou firstname.lastname@example.org