Community Resources & Information Sources for York Region
see our list of Service Providers, Programs & Services
FINISHING HIGH SCHOOL? NOW WHAT?
see our Adults section for resources
REGION OF YORK www.york.ca
- Child Care Fee Assistance
- Child Care Support Line
- Early Intervention Services
- PreSchool Speech & Language Program
- York Region Respite Registry
- York Link Directory
- Community Support : Housing
- ADP (Assistive Devices Program) 1-800-268-6021
- ADP (Diapers, Incontenent Supplies) 1-888-377-5437
- CCAC, Community Care Access Centre 1-888-470-2222
- CEPAS, Central East Preschool Autism Services 1-888-4-KINARK
- Enhanced Respite Funding, CCAC 1-888-470-2222
- Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities (ACSD)
- Ministry of Transportation, Accessible Parking Permits, 416-235-2999
- Ontario Drug Benefit Program 1-800-268-1154
- Trillium Drug Program 1-800-268-1154
- Ontario Photo Card: a wallet sized card that provides government-issued identification to those Ontarians who do not have a driver’s licence, making it easier for them to do things such as travel, open a bank account, and perform any other activities that require official identification.
GOVERNMENT FUNDING, SUPPORTS, PROGRAMS > Funding Resources
MENTAL HEALTH Mental Health Helpline 1-866-531-2600
Autism Speaks Dental Tool Kit for families including a video. The dental guide provides additional information for dental professionals about autism and what they can do to make each visit more successful.
Guardianship, Subsitute or Supported Decision Making? (ppt, Family Support Network, 2012)
- Support Person Assistance Card for York Region Transit / Viva Bus
Effective January 1, 2015, YRT/VIVA customers who need to be accompanied by a support person are required to carry a YRT/Viva Support Person Assistance Card. The card is a photo card that identifies the cardholder as a person who because of their disability, needs to be accompanied by a support person. The card permits a support person to travel on YRT/Viva with the eligible fare paying customer (cardholder) at no additional cost.
Travel Insurance Comparisons + Quotes from Securiglobe Depending on your age, condition and, if applicable, your answers to our health questions, pre-existing medical conditions are covered if they are stable for a certain period of time (as specified in your protection) before your policy is effective.
FREE TEACHING MATERIALS
- Numerous websites exist that offer free teaching materials. See this list for a compilation ie flash cards, worksheets, Social Stories, social skills, visual aides/schedules, educational games, facial descriptions and more ...
Compiled by volunteer parents, the resources on this page are a work in progress. Your content suggestions are welcome! Please email AutismYork.Adults@gmail.com