Adults with ASD
AutismONTARIO York Region Chapter
- CHAPTER SURVEY - Help us Help You We are compiling a list of services and supports that are needed in York Region and what the biggest hurdles are in accessing services for adults with an ASD. If you are supporting an adult aged 16 years and up, please take a few moments to complete this brief survey on adult services.
- Adult Summer Program AOA is a summer day program for adults living with ASD and is an extension of our children's AOK Camp program. Please visit our Camp page for details.
- Adult Issues Networking & Support Group. We are creating a group for family members & supporters of Adults living with ASD. Are you the parent or adult sibling of an individual with ASD who is 16 years of age or older? How are adults with autism being served today? What will their future - and yours - look like? Do you want to meet other families in your community who are living with similar situations? How can we best support each other? What's next for us? Help us shape a support group which will focus on the realities, successes and challenges for adults living with ASD and their families. Next Meetings will be arranged based on your feedback! Questions, comments & suggestions for agenda items of topics that are of interest to you, please email AutismYork.Adults@gmail.com
York Region District School Board Transition Planning Resource Guide (2013) is designed to assist parents and caregivers to understand and access community developmental supports and services in York Region
Webinar "Autism, Adulthood and Adaptive Behavior: What Skills Will Your Child Need?" Dr. Peter Gerhardt discusses the safety, employment, self-management and other skills necessary for adulthood (2014) Watch the video
Ministry of Community and Social Services (MCSS)
Developmental Services Ontario is your single point of access to apply for ministry funded services. DSO is also mandated to provide you with information about community fee-for-service providers and other resources. Visit DSO Central East Region to view their Service Partners and read the DSO Information Sheet (July 1, 2011)
Developmental Services, Central East Region
465 Davis Drive, Newmarket, Ontario L3Y 8T2
(905) 868-8900 Toll Free: 1-877-669-6658
Special Services At Home Program (SSAH)
Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
Our chapter held an information evening Transitioning to Adult Services, Systems & Supports on Dec 5, 2011. Speakers Andrew Walker, Developmental Services Ontario/Central East Region and Cari Gibbons, Passport Coordinator/Case Manager explained the system access process. View their presentation YSSN/Passport ppt and Handout Confirming Eligibility: Resources, Links
MCSS monthly newsletter Spotlight on Transformation
York Support Services Network
- Mental Health Services access line & waitlist information 1-888-695-0070x 278
- Connections Manual; A guide to assist in planning your transition from school to life in the community.
- downloadable version
York Region Respite Services Adult Options (18+)
- Adults section has information with a provincial focus
- COUNT ME IN Provincial Registry
Compiled by volunteer parents, the resources on this page are a work in progress. Your content suggestions are welcome! Please email AutismYork.Adults@gmail.com