What We Do At Autism Ontario Windsor Essex Chapter!
• The Windsor Essex Chapter is one of the largest Chapter in Ontario and we are proud to say that we think of ourselves as a large family who support one another in many different ways
• We are run by a group of hardworking volunteers called the Chapter Leadership Council who meet once a month to organize fundraisers, social activities and make important decisions for the chapter. We are a registered charity who does not receive funding from the government.
• Hold fundraisers all year long such as our annual “Give Your Heart to Autism” Gala, “Oz for Autism” golf tournament, “Leamington Walk”
• Our members assist with these fundraisers in any way they can by getting donations, selling tickets, volunteering at the events and selling calendars.
• The funds we raise during the year are used to provide money to families during the summer months to be used for recreational activities such as camps, swimming, or a one-on-one support worker.
• We hold an annual Summer Picnic which includes an all you can eat buffet, carnival type games, clown, inflatable slides, pony rides which is all free for our members and their families. A gift card will be provided to each child that has autism at this time to help out with back to school expenses.
• We hold an annual Holiday Party which includes an all you can eat buffet, pictures with Santa Claus, entertainment, crafts, which is all free for our members and their families. A gift card will be provided to each child that has autism at this time to help out with holiday expenses.
• We have a Community Events Coordinator named Marti Lussier, who organizes events in the community such as movies, swimming, bowling, workshops and other activities to bring families together.
• We have a Family Support Coordinator named Kathleen Foubister, who offers support and guidance to families in need.
• Newsletters are sent out on a regular basis to inform you of activities that are coming up, and of any funding that is available.
• We have volunteers that are part of the Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) that can help with any issues related to school.
• We have information on support workers that are available to work with your children.
• We can assist you with getting street signs put up in your neighbourhood saying “Autistic Child Area.”
If you are interested and want to know more, please call and speak to Livia at Autism Ontario Windsor-Essex chapter office at 519-250-1893 or email at email@example.com