About the Chapter
The Toronto chapter draws its membership from parents, other family members, and professionals with a committment to helping others affected by ASD. Our chapter leadership council, elected at the Annual General Meeting in May, sets the direction for the chapter, following the direction of a volunteer-developed strategic plan, and aided by a group of active volunteers. In particular, the chapter:
* provides Special Education Advisory Council (SEAC) representatives to all four Toronto boards of education.
* publishes a regular newsletter.
* subsidizes the cost for attending workshops and seminars.
* subsidizes the cost of camps.
* holds "family fun" events. * develop and run programs such as social groups and cooking classes.
If there's something you think the chapter should be doing, and are willing to help make it happen, please contact the chapter office or one of our CLC members.