In addition to helping Autism Ontario – Peterborough achieve its goals and contribute to the community, potential benefits to those who volunteer include:
- meeting new people and being part of a team
- developing knowledge and skills
- adding to a resume
- making new community contacts
- fulfilling volunteer requirements for academic achievement
- career exploration
- contributing to a corporate volunteer program
- personal fulfillment
- being acknowledged
The Autism Ontario - Peterborough Chapter is in need of volunteers in order to continue offering support and social activities to individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders and their families in Peterborough, Northumberland, Newcastle, Haliburton and City of Kawartha Lakes.
Our chapter is lead by local VOLUNTEERS with varying interests. It is a rewarding way to give back to your community for the betterment of families touched by ASD. It's also an exciting opportunity to become part of an education/awareness movement!
To find out about volunteer opportunities call us at (705)775-2672.