To complete an online application membership form, please click here. It is the easiest and quickest way to receive your membership.
You can also obtain a membership application form at almost all of our events and sign up with us then. Please ask us. If you already have your membership filled out...you can also drop it off to us at any of our events as well.
If you do not want to apply online, you can request a membership form to be brought to one of our events by emailing email@example.com. Please leave plenty of time prior to the event as the email is not checked daily. Thank you.
You can also print off the membership form, found here, and bring it to an event or mail it into:Autism Ontario - Peel ChapterPO Box 48091 Dundas SheppardMississauga ON L5A 4G8 For all other Membership inquiries:Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.orgIf you want to attend an event and have signed up for membership but have not received your card in the mail yet with your welcome package, you can email us at email@example.com and we can give you the contact information for our Provincial Office. They will give you a confirmation email (even your membership # if requested) that you can then print off and bring it with you to the events while you are waiting for your permanent card in the mail.
A family membership provides entrance into our events for the whole immediate family for the entire year. Yearly memberships are from date of sign up and not calendar year.
Why membership is important to you and your family:
- Your membership will help develop the resources needed to provide public awareness of ASD and help develop advocacy programs.
- Autism Ontario works with municipal, regional, provincial and federal government policy makers and program planners.
- Your voice will be added to our extensive membership.
- You have the opportunity to take advantage of camp subsidy like the March Break Reimbursement Fund, One-To-One Summer Support Worker Fund, and the Kinark Peel Camp Subsidy in July where members were given a $350 subsidy.
- Peel members also get invited to exclusive events in the community, Member Only Free Events like sensory friendly movies and a Holiday Party (only members are allowed registration) as well as Members Free Events (all are invited but Members have discounted or free entry and Non-members pay full fee).
- Through many social opportunities you will have the chance to make new friends, share, and socialize with other families who understand what you are going through.
- You will receive valuable information and access to conferences, workshops, training opportunities, upcoming seminars, support groups, events and social opportunities as well as preferential pricing.
- Representation on the Special Education Advisory Council at the Peel District School Board and Dufferin Peel Catholic School Board. We have 4 SEAC Reps.
- NEW! Membership ONLY discounts to attractions throughout Ontario like Via Rail (not listed on the website yet but is confirmed by Provincial Office and will be up shortly), Great Wolf Lodge and Playdium etc. http://www.autismontario.com/client/aso/ao.nsf/web/Member+Discounts?OpenDocument
- A year subscription to Autism Matters, Autism Ontario’s quarterly magazine with great ASD resources and articles.
- Chapter Evenings that offer guest speakers and relevant discussion topics; enables you to share experiences and knowledge with others.
- You will have the opportunity to attend your chapter and provincial Annual General Meetings and participate on issues directly affecting the Society.
- Current information on issues and research is available through the Autism Ontario website as well as access to:
CALYPSO website has a database to locate camps and camp programs for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in Ontario.
Spirale website has a database to locate regulated professionals and experienced autism workers for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in Ontario.
The ABACUS website has a database to locate IBI/ABA professionals and services for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in Ontario.
The Ontario Partnership for Adults with Aspergers and Autism is a province-wide leadership group with the focus being all matters related to the unique and distinct needs of youth and adults on the autism spectrum. Autism Ontario is the lead organization in OPAAA.
14. Finally, without paid members, we cannot continue to offer the programs, events, advocacy efforts, supports and resources that we do. This also includes the Potential Programme events that are most often applied for by the Chapter and run by the Chapter. Please help ensure that our Chapter can continue offering our families the support that they so desperately need.