The Potential Programme is a unique service from Autism Ontario designed to directly support all Ontario families, parents and children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
This program provides support through greater access to ASD experts in their communities and supportive community-based learning opportunities for children with ASD.
The Potential Programme can provide you with:
• ASD Information: Our qualified staff and each local Autism Ontario chapter’s dedicated volunteers have extensive nexperience in ASD. Staff are also rich sources of information on ASD, health and social service providers in your area. Local chapters also maintain libraries of resources, materials and computer software.
• Access to ASD Experts: Through our many and frequently held expert speaker events and workshops related to ASD.
• Family Support Groups: These groups provide an opportunity for caregivers to connect with others and share their experiences.
• Social Learning Opportunities: Ranging from movie mornings to recreational and social programming and family gathering events that provide valuable opportunities for your child to simply be themselves in a social environment. These events also allow time for families to come together.
• Community Events: Your Community Event Coordinators organize a variety of events to help your child reach his or her potential.
• Connect to resources in your community: Our Family Support Coordinators, Community Event Coordinators and local Chapter Volunteers help provide you with support in establishing community partnerships.
Click here for more details or to read about the Potential Programme in French.
Help Us Shape the Programme! A focal point of contact for many families has been through participation in our numerous and varied social activities; referred to as “Social Learning Opportunities”. To read more about Social Learning Opportunities and how to submit an idea click here - SLO Application. Let us know what expert speakers, workshops or social learning opportunities you would like to see hosted in your community.
The program is designed to directly support families of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder through the support of a highly skilled clinical professionals. Call today to book your appointment to meet with a Family Support Coordinator and map out your plan for support and access to local resources. This program also delivers topical workshops by experts in ASD, topics are determined according to a demonstrated interest by families, agencies and other professionals in the local community. We strive to build community capacity by collaborating and partnering with agencies.
Call or email us with your ideas:
Elizabeth Mitchell - Family Support Coordinator - Central West Region
Email email@example.com or call 289-527-5851
Jennifer Dent - Community Event Coordinator - Central West Region
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 226-748-3372
Click on the links below to learn even more about Potential Programme in North Halton Region:
● Potential Programme Events across the province
Many of our services, resources and programs are also available in French.
Pour les services en français, composez le 1-800-472-7789, poste 240 ou envoyez un courriel à email@example.com.