Family Funding Bursaries
Autism Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter offers a bursary program designed to compensate persons with ASD and their families for the additional costs they incur to promote quality of life and inclusion in the Niagara Region community. The annual Tee Up For Autism Golf Tournament raises the funds to support this Bursary program.
- For more information about the Family Funding Bursary, click here.
- To access the 2018 Family Funding Application Form, click here.
Autism Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter Family Funding Bursary offers financial support to individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and their families to support participation in social learning, recreational and educational activities that enhance quality of life and support community participation.
What will this Bursary fund?
- All programs provided through the Niagara Chapter
- Social learning, recreational programs and education programs offered in the community,
- Extra expenses associated with enabling the person with ASD to participate in a program provided in the community including, under certain circumstances, support worker funding.
The Family Funding Bursary CANNOT reimburse any therapeutic program, even if it involves social learning or recreational activities or the cost of transportation to a program, equipment costs, book or audio-visual materials costs, or entrance fees to attractions, unless they are included in the program cost or Respite services.
Who can apply?
Parent/Guardian with a child or children with a diagnosis of ASD and/or an adult with ASD.
You don't have to be a member of Autism Ontario to apply.
How do I apply for a Bursary?
1. Apply: Complete the application form and submit it by April 1, 2018.
Please Note: A separate application must be submitted for each family member who requests a bursary. Additional applications are available on the website - www.autismontario.com/niagara
2. Meet the Eligibility Criteria: The person using the bursary has a diagnosis of ASD and the application has been submitted by the deadline date of April 1, 2018.
3. Fulfill requirements and submit request for reimbursement:
Once you are approved for funding, you will receive notification after the April meeting of the Chapter Leadership Council (mid April) and be provided with the reimbursement package.
Please note: In order to claim your bursary, you must demonstrate how you have completed the required volunteer hours and participated in fundraising activities. The period used for verifying volunteer hours and participation is the calendar year (January - December 2018). The Reimbursement Package contains a Family Funding Tracking Form where you can record how you met the requirements. Please contact Jennifer Chrysler Loney, Fund Development Coordinator to schedule your volunteer hours. For community programs or services, you must also submit a receipt showing payment of program attached to your reimbursement form.
What is required to be awarded a Bursary?
1. Approval of your application by the CLC.
2. Completion of the participation requirement before reimbursement will occur. You or an immediate family member must:
- Attend or support one Chapter fundraising activity i.e. Trivia Night, Golf Tournament, Gala or Lottery sales and
- Complete 15 hours of volunteering
3. Submit Family Funding Tracking Form with all required documentation for reimbursement.
For any questions regarding the Family Funding Bursary, please contact Fran Chesney at email@example.com or call (905) 682-2776.