Library Resources at Autism Ontario Kingston Chapter
Our local chapter has been able to build a wonderful library of resources. Members are welcome to borrow items. Everyone is welcome to read on-site.
Library hours are 9:30 am -2:00 pm Tuesdays and Thursdays, and other times by appointment at the office (Extend-A-Family Kingston, 361 Montreal Street, Bagot Street Entrance).
We are continually looking to grow our library, so if you have suggestions for additions or donations to our resources, please feel free to let us know.
A few of our new titles as of July 2012:
- Apps for Autism by Lois Jean Brady
- Asperger Syndrome and Sensory Issues by Brenda Smith Myles et al.
- Autism for Ninjas by Ed Mahony and Steve Darby
- Different... Not Less by Temple Grandin
- Growing Up on the Spectrum: A Guide to Life, Love, and Learning for Teens and Young Adults with Autism and Aspergers's by Lynn Kern Koegel and Claire LaZebnik
- Learning About Friendship by KI Al-Ghani
- My Child Has Autism, Now What? by Susan Larson Kidd
- Sleep Difficulties and Autism Spectrum Disorders: A guide for Parents and Professionals by Kenneth J Aitken
- Social Thinking at Work: Why Should I Care? by Michelle Garcia Winner & Pamela Crooke
- Staying in the Game: Providing Social Opportunities for Children and Adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorders and Other Developmental Disabilities by James W Loomis
- The Girls' Guide to Growing Up: Choices & Changes in the Tween Years by Terri Couwenhoven
- The Last Bedtime Story That We Read Each Night by Carol Gray
- The New Social Story Book by Carol Gray
- Thinking in Picures: My Life with Autism by Temple Grandin
- Your Special Grandchild by Josie Santomauro
Below you will find links to our current books, games and videos.
Please note: Titles may appear in more than one category.
Autism Spectrum Disorder
Juvenile (kid's books)
Parent and Grandparent
Video and DVD resources will be listed soon.