Family Support Coordinator
Here are some important ways to stay connected with our Chapter so you don't miss out on any of our wonderful events and services!
1) Eventbrite: Please register yourself on our main regional mailing list through Eventbrite so you can get invitations to all events in our region. http://aocweventemail.eventbrite.ca
2) Facebook: The best way to remain current is to "like" and follow our Facebook page. We post all events there as soon as they come up. Click the link on the left menu or visit www.facebook.com/autismhalton and our page is called "Autism Ontario Halton Chapter". We also post albums from our activities so have a look at all the fun things we having been doing in our community.
3) Twitter: Follow us at @AutismHalton. We post all events and programs there.
4) Email: You can contact us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) Autism Ontario Website: Check out Autism Ontario's website for lots of information about programs, services, supports and resources as well as previously aired webinars. www.autismontario.com
6) Parent Support Group: Monthly Parent Support meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month in Oakville and everyone is welcome to attend regardless of where you live. When you sign up for the regional mailing list through Eventbrite (see #1), you will automatically receive invitations.
Many of our services, resources and programs are also available in French. Pour les services en français, composez le 1-800-472-7789, poste 240 ou envoyez un courriel à email@example.com.
Family Support Coordinator
Are you connected to all the programs and services available to your child affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder in Halton Region? Is your family receiving all the support you need?
Family Support Coordinators are designed to directly support families of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder through the skills of highly skilled clinical professionals. Our Family Support Coordinator in Halton Region is available to meet with parents/guardians to develop a support plan for them and thier family. Receive help in finding community support programs, funding and other services. You can also meet with the Family Support Coordinator to talk about how to hire an ABA (behavioural) therapist or respite worker for your child. This service is FREE of charge to any individual or family affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Family Support Coordinator, Central West Region
Autism Ontario Membership
Become a member of Autism Ontario, and choose "Halton" as your Chapter! You will receive exclusive invitations to "members-only" events. You will receive our popular quarterly magazine, Autism Matters, full of informative articles on ASD research, tips for parents and educators and lots of personal stories. Best of all, you will be supporting our Chapter's efforts and will become part of our larger provincial organization, Autism Ontario, and strengthen our voice with the government. A family membership is only $50 for the entire year. Click here to purchase a membership and please select "Halton Chapter" from the drop down menu to ensure you are placed on the correct list.
Thank you very much and we look forward to meeting you at one of our upcoming events!