Helpful Links at Tax Time
In an effort to make life a bit easier for everyone, we have provided some brief information and links related to tax benefits and credits.
● "Persons with Disabilities Online" Main Page: click here.
● Persons with Disabilities - Latest Information: click here.
Tax Benefits and Credits
● Child Disability Benefit (CDB):
A tax-free benefit for families who care for a child under age 18 with a severe and prolonged impairment in mental or physical functions. A Disability Tax Credit Certificate (Form T2201) is required to apply for CDB and must be certified by a qualified practitioner (ex. medical doctor). The form can be submitted at any time, or can be filed as an attachment to your income tax return. To go to the CRA for more information, click here.
● Disability Tax Credit:
The disability amount, also referred to as the disability tax credit, is a non-refundable tax credit that reduces the amount of income tax payable. Part or all of this entire amount may be transferred to your spouse or common-law partner or other supporting person. To go to the CRA for more information, click here.
● Fitness Tax Credit: To go to the CRA for more information, click here.
● Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP): click here. For information on how to set up a RDSP, click here.
● Medical Expenses: This is a list of elgible medical expenses, including how to calculate travel costs for treatments. To go to the CRA for more information, click here.
● Other Tax Resources: click here. This information comes from the Learning Disabilities Association of Canada.
All links were correct at time of compiling this list. Plese contact us if there are any errors or sites to include.