Please note that the role of the SEAC representative is to advise the school board on policies concerning exceptional students and to provide families with general advice and guidance on special education issues. The SEAC representative is not permitted to act as an advocate for individual families.
2016-2017 Special Education Advisory Council Representatives (SEAC Reps) for the Regional Municipality of Durham
Click here for a map of the 8 municipalities in Durham Region.
Representatives reporting to Autism Ontario - Durham Region for schools in Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa, Uxbridge, Scugog and Brock:
● Durham District School Board - Public SEAC Rep: Audrey Higo
● Durham District School Board - Alternate Public SEAC Rep: Vacant
● Durham Catholic District School Board - Separate SEAC Rep: Emily Van de Klippe
● Durham Catholic District School Board - Alternate Separate SEAC Rep: Christine Pegler
Note: We are currently soliciting applicants for the role of alternate SEAC representative for Durham District School Board and Durham Catholic District School Board. If you are interested in applying, email us at email@example.com.
Representatives reporting to Autism Ontario - Peterborough for schools in Clarington:
● KPR District School Board (Kawartha Pine Ridge) - Public SEAC Rep: Judy Rich
Email: Judy Rich
● KPR District School Board - Alternate Public SEAC Rep: Kate Dykstra
Email Kate Dykstra
● PVNC Catholic District School Board - Separate (Peterborough Victoria Northumberland and Clarington) SEAC Rep: Arlene Godby
Email Arlene Godby
back to top