The Building Brighter Futures Fund français
**The Building Brighter Futures Fund is no longer taking applications for 2018**
How it Got Started:
"Children with autism grow up to be adults with autism." This message from Autism Ontario's advocacy efforts has been central to our strategic directions in working with families and individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder across the lifespan. Media focus tends to be on young children with autism, whilepeople with ASD live out most of their lives during their adult years. Yet these years have had the least public or private attention or funding while the numbers of these unsupported adults continues to grow.
Autism Ontario was approached by informed and thoughtful supporters about providing concrete waysto specifically support adults on the autism spectrum. Their personal commitment and generous donation helped us realize a long held dream to create a fund that would open doors for adults withASD across Ontario. In 2012 Autism Ontario was pleased to announce the Building Brighter FuturesFund.
The Purpose of the BBFF:
To provide financial assistance directly to Ontario adults with ASD or their families through a reimbursement of funds spent to open doors for greater participation in local communities.
- Program fees for recreation or skill development, respite, professional supports, tuition, or other creative solutions connected to building life plans for the adult with ASD will be considered for subsidy.
- If I am a successful candidate, I or my parent/guardian will receive reimbursement of up to $500.00 once Autism Ontario has received original receipts.
- A family or individual may receive this subsidy only once, submitting receipts afterward for reimbursement, once their application has been approved. All receipts must be submitted by September 30 , 2018 for the 2018 applicants.
- Here’s what you need to do to apply:
- Answer the 3 step online application
- Include a formal diagnosis by a psychologist or psychiatrist (in pdf format)
Please note this fund is able to serve 50 adults on the spectrum in 2018.
We are always seeking new donations for the many adults who have applied, but whom we have not been able to serve. Please consider donating to the Building Brighter Futures Fund so we can provide financial assistance to adults with ASD. We know that services and funding are sorely lacking for adults in Ontario and by donating you are opening doors for adults. Simply call us or go to ‘Donate Now’ at http://www.autismontario.com/donate and in your application select ‘Building Brighter Futures Fund” from the Online Gift Type in the drop down menu. Thank you!
Funding for the Building Brighter Futures fund proudly donated by: